St. John’s Church Re-Opening Protocol
As we reopen the church for in-person worship on Sunday, June 7 at 9 am with one worship service, we will be following some new protocols to help keep people safe.
- If you have any of the following COVID 19 symptoms, please continue to worship online:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
This list is not all possible symptoms. Other less common symptoms have been reported, including gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. (from cdc.gov)
- Masks are recommended but not required. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have access to one, some will be available at the church. If you use a mask provided by the church, please take it home with you.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the church.
- Enter the East Carrol Street Entrance Only. Temperatures will be taken with a no – touch thermometer. Please sign-in and continue upstairs to the sanctuary. Every other pew/row will be roped off to maintain social distancing. Please enter the pew by the center aisle and exit on the side aisles and sit with immediate family only. When exiting, please use the upstairs south porch entrance if possible. Ushers will be available to assist you if needed.
- Offering plates will be placed in the back of the sanctuary.
- Nursery will be closed. If you have children, Miss Trish will be making up packets with activities for children to use in worship and take home with them. Please consider bringing crayons or soft toys for play.
- No children’s sermons due to social distancing rules.
- No communion will be served in June.
- No coffee hour before or after the service.
personal touch in these areas:
- No passing of the peace
- No hymnals, pew pads, bulletins
- No handshakes or hugs please
- No in-person Sunday School at this time. Please continue to watch videos on our Facebook St. John’s Children’s Ministry page.
***The church building will continue to remain closed except for Sunday morning worship service at this time. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Pastor Randall or the church office at 419-673-7278. Thank you for your continued understanding as we reopen the building. ***